Claude's heater safety Facebook competition
Be in to win an Apple iPad, kindly donated by the LPG Association of New Zealand.
Screenshot the clothes rack when it is a safe distance from the heater and post your screenshot in the comments section of the WorkSafe Facebook(external link) post to enter the draw.
The competition starts on Monday 9 July and runs until Sunday 15 July.
Gas heaters are great for keeping us warm in these chilly New Zealand winters but they can be deadly if not used properly.
Find out more on our winter energy safety page.
Terms and conditions
- WorkSafe New Zealand ('WorkSafe') has partnered with the LPG Association of New Zealand to give away one 6th Gen 128GB iPad (the 'Competition').
- The Competition is subject to the following terms and conditions. Entry into the promotion is deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is only open to New Zealand residents. Employees of WorkSafe or the LPG Association of New Zealand or their families are ineligible for entry. WorkSafe may require proof of eligibility.
- The Competition runs from 9am 9 July 2018 to midnight Sunday 15 July 2018 (NZST). No late entries will be accepted.
- To enter into the Competition you must correctly screenshot the moving clothes rack when it is one or more metres away from the heater, as indicated on the scale on the GIF image. Entrants must upload their screenshot as a comment on the WorkSafe competition post to enter the draw. No comments made on posts other than the WorkSafe competition post will be eligible for entry.
- Route to entry for the Competition (which is being run through Facebook) and details of how to can be found on our Facebook page(external link).
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Any additional entry made by a person will not be eligible for inclusion in the draw. Any entrant who identifies the correct length from the heater will be placed into a draw. WorkSafe will then randomly draw one winner at 10 am on Monday 16 July 2018 from the entrants who have been placed in the draw.
- Winners will initially be notified via Facebook Messenger by 3pm on Monday 16 July 2018 and will be asked to provide their full contact details, phone, email and delivery address through Facebook Messenger. Failure to respond to such a message or provide all requested personal information within 3 days at WorkSafe’s sole discretion may invalidate the entry and result in a new winner being drawn.
- In order to conduct the Competition WorkSafe collects and holds personal information, information which is used to notify prize winners, verify prize winners’ identities, and for publicity purposes relating to the Competition and WorkSafe's summer energy safety campaign. The information is held in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- By entering into the Competition, each entrant agrees that WorkSafe may collect and hold personal information for these purposes including publishing a winner’s Facebook details (including name, town, and photo) on WorkSafe’s Facebook page, website and in print or digital material published by WorkSafe relating to the Competition or WorkSafe's winter energy safety campaign.
- There is one 6th Gen 128GB Apple iPad prize to be given away which the LPG Association of New Zealand will ship to the successful entrants. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- WorkSafe reserves the right to vary the terms, and to modify, terminate or reschedule the Competition, and to substitute any of the prizes for a similar prize of the same value.
- WorkSafe is not liable for any loss, damage or injury (including and without limitation any indirect or consequential loss) suffered by any person in connection with the competition and or the prize, except for any liability under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- WorkSafe can be contacted in relation to this competition at Competition, Level 6, 86 Customhouse Quay, Wellington, New Zealand.