Hazardous substances update - April 2019
Welcome to the first issue of the hazardous substances newsletter for this year.
There are some important regulatory changes coming into effect. They are a continuation of the December 2017 hazardous substances law changes. We'll be keeping you updated on what you need to do to be prepared for these changes.
In this issue:
- Upcoming changes:
- New rules for Class 6 and 8 substances
- Hazardous waste changes
- Temporary storage of vertebrate toxic agents
- New performance standards for our compliance certifiers
- Do you need to be a certified handler to clear 1080 off walking tracks?
- Hazardous substances guidance – what’s new?
- Getting rid of household hazardous waste
- Innovating health and safety around hazardous substances