Pearce Flooring Limited
Court Summary - at a glance
- Ensure that materials are tested by an accredited laboratory before any work was undertaken.
- Identify asbestos on the hazard checklist.
- Putting controls in place to manage the hazard to ensure those employees and others were not exposed to asbestos.
- Ensuring that employees were trained in relation to asbestos, the risks and the requirements restricted work involving asbestos.
- Advise all affected parties e.g. homeowners, filter cleaning agents, and rubbish collectors of the risk the dust may contain asbestos.
2. Regulation 5(2) of the Health and Safety in Employment (Asbestos) Regulations 1998.
3. Section 6 of the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992