Qing Hong Company Limited
Court Summary - at a glance
- Ensure that all hazards are identified;
- Ensure adequate communication of the hazards and safety controls to workers and visitors to a site;
- Ensure edge protection is installed for work at height;
- Ensure that safety nets are not used until a handover certificate has been provided;
- Ensure that scaffolding is not used until there is confirmation that it is safe;
- Ensure controls are in place to manage public access to a site (such as perimeter fencing, hazard identification board, site inductions and warning signs);
- Ensure employees’ exposure to hazards is monitored;
- Ensure loaned employees are competent to perform the work safely;
- Ensure visitors to a site are provided with suitable personal protective equipment; and
- Have adequate supervision of visitors on a site.
The victim is the father of an employee who was loaned to the defendant.
On the day of the incident, the victim was visiting a site managed by the defendant. The victim gained access to the incomplete roof area where he fell and suffered multiple injuries.
Investigation showed the site was in poor condition in terms of health and safety, in particular, the safety nets were distorted from being either loaded with construction material or walked on.