Alert: Possible delay to notification responses this weekend
Our email system is being changed this weekend. If you notify us via our online form we may not be able to reply to you until Monday morning. If your notification is urgent please phone us on 0800 030 040.
Prior to being offered for sale in New Zealand, Electric Tools that are within the following definitions are subject to a Supplier Declaration of Conformity.
An electrical appliance which-
- is for machining, drilling, sawing, or surface preparation; and
- may be entirely supported by hand during operation; but does not include-
- a tool, portable type, promoted exclusively to industry.
Class 0 and 01 appliances are not permitted in New Zealand.
Tools portable type must comply with either:
- Standards listed under ‘Hand-held motor-operated electric tools’ section in Schedule 4 of the Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010(external link)
- AS/NZS 3820:2009 Essential safety requirements for electrical equipment
- The Conformity Co-operation Agreement (China – NZ)