We are operating at reduced capacity due to COVID-19 Alert Level Three restrictions in Auckland. Please only call our 0800 number if someone is at serious risk of harm or has been seriously injured, become seriously ill, or died as a result of work.
Court Summary - at a glance
- To measure the total area of the material to be removed;
- To have treated the cladding as asbestos containing material until tested and confirmed not to be asbestos containing material;
- To have prepared an asbestos removal plan;
- To have ensured that the asbestos containing material wasn’t unnecessarily broken to minimise the risk of asbestos fibres being released;
- To have sprayed the interior surface of the ACM with a PVA solution;
- To have ensured that decontamination facilities were available;
- To have engaged an independent competent person to carry out a clearance inspection; and
- To have provided health monitoring.
Sections 48(1) and (2)(b) and 36(2) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015; and
Regulations 34(1) and 34(5)(a) of the Health and Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations 2016